We have given the BrewPi case a major overhaul and are very pleased to present you the results: a more compact and much better looking design.
The case keeps a lot of features from the old design:
- Transparent laser-cut acrylic to proudly show off the geeky internals.
- The Raspberry Pi case locks into the top of the Arduino case.
- The OneWire distribution board can be mounted on top of the case or you can put it somewhere inside your fridge.
- A beautiful engraved BrewPi logo.
We have changed these bits:
- The Arduino is mounted on its side to save space. The connectors now plug into the side instead of the back.
- The menu knob has been moved to the side as well, which puts the LCD nicely in the center.
- The Raspberry Pi is now mounted to the bottom panel, it so cannot move around inside the case. This also allowed us to give the GPIO header a bit more distance from the case bolt nearby.
- We laser-cut the spacers for the display. The clear acrylic looks a lot better than the grey spaces we had before.
A lot of tiny tweaks were needed to make sure everything lined up correctly. We made 5 prototypes before we were happy with the end result.
We also found a new production partner with a huge industrial laser cutter, which means the new cases look better than ever.
The BrewPi Team