We keep track of bugs, new features, and everything else related to developing the software using GitHub issues.
To create a new issue, first identify the correct repository to file the bug.
If the python script crashes, file it here. Also report errors while programming the Arduino here.
Hardware related issues can be reported here. Anything related to the temperature control algorithm should go here too.
Report issues with installing/updating BrewPi here.
Report errors in the documentation here. You can find the documentation on docs.brewpi.com.
If you want to report a bug, first check if it has been reported already. For a new bug report, include the following information:
- Include a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the bug, if possible.
- Include as many details as possible. It is easy for us developers to filter out irrelevant information, but much harder to guess what’s missing. The more information you give, the faster we can fix the bug.Be specific of errors the errors you get, preferably copy-paste themWrong: “When I apply a new beer name, the script crashes”Right: “When I type in new beer name in the maintenance panel and hit apply, the python script crashes, with this error message:
Oct 20 2013 19:52:03 Notification: Script started for beer 'Sample Data' Oct 20 2013 19:52:06 Found Arduino leonardo with a revC shield, running BrewPi version 0.2.1 build 24 Oct 20 2013 19:52:06 Warning: BrewPi version compatible with this script is 0.2.0 but version number received is 0.2.1 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/brewpi/brewpi.py", line 347, in startBeer(config['beerName']) File "/home/brewpi/brewpi.py", line 238, in startBeer changeWwwSetting('beerName', beerName) File "/home/brewpi/brewpi.py", line 188, in changeWwwSetting wwwSettingsFile = open(config['wwwPath'] + 'wwwSettings.json', 'r+b')
- Include the version of the web interface, script and AVR you are using. A commit SHA is even better. You can get it with ‘git log’.
- If possible, include stderr.txt.
- Any investigation you can do yourself is highly appreciated.
If you want to propose a new feature, you can also file an issue for this. Please only use issues for small feature requests.
“Support for glycol chillers” should not be a feature request on GitHub, but is a great topic to discuss on the forum. “Print time on LCD as hours:minutes:seconds” is a good feature request.